Netgear Extender WN3000RP setup
Unboxing and placing the Netgear Extender WN3000RP
In the first step of doing the Netgear Extender WN3000RP setup, unbox and place the extender in the location where the distance between your existing router and extender WN3000 RP should be equal. Also while doing the Netgear Extender WN3000RP setup, please check that the wireless device like a computer which you will be using for Extender setup should be the outside the range of the existing router.
Power on the Netgear Extender WN3000RP
After choosing the location for both extender and wireless device while doing the Netgear Extender WN3000RP setup, move further and plug the extender WN3000RP into the live power socket. Now, wait for next few seconds till the time extender WN3000RP starts. When the extender is ready you will see that the status LED is green, which generally indicates that the extender WN3000RP is ready and powered on.
Stabilizing the Extender WN3000RP connection with the existing network
- Connecting with WPS
- Connecting with the usage of the web browser setup
Connecting the Netgear extender WN3000RP with WPS
When we are doing the Netgear extender WN3000RP setup WPS( Wi-Fi Protected Setup) which works for you when you are not using WEP security type and lets you join a secure WiFi network without typing the network name and password. In case you are using the WEP network security then please follow the instructions of Netgear extender WN3000RP setup with the web browser
- Locate the WPS button situated on the side of the extender. After doing so you will see that the WPS LED lights start blinking. Now after a couple of minutes press the WPS button of your wifi router. When the WPS LED lights on your extender along with your router turns solid green indicates that the extender connects to your existing WiFi network.
Note: If the Router Link LED does not light, try again. If it still does not light, try Connecting with Web Browser Setup
- Now in case if your router is compatible with 5 GHz band, please repeat the above step to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band.
- As the extender is connected existing wifi network, hence it has created extended WiFi networks. The extender’s new WiFi network names are based on your existing WiFi network name, with _EXT at the end of the name. Test the network with other wifi devices or computer. you need to use the same wifi password which you use for your router to connect the device with the extended network.
- Now power off the extender and the extender is ready to be placed on a new location. Please make sure that the location you choose for your extender need to be within the range of your existing WiFi router network.
- After choosing the location plug the extender into the power socket to powered on, the power LED of extender will light on amber and then will turn green which indicates that the extender is fully powered on. Note: If the Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
Connecting the Netgear extender WN3000RP with Web browser setup
- in the first step of doing the connection, open your computer or any wifi device. Note: this will work if you are using WEP network security type. After opening the computer or wifi device find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT. Check if the connection is being established. You can verify this when the Device Link LED lights.
- In the second step open the web browser on your device. Now enter the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/ You will see a screen will open with asking to select details. Follow the onscreen instructions. In last you will find the New Extender Setup screen displays. Click on the option NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. If it is the first time you are login into your extender then the screen will display name as the Create Account screen, asking you to enter the details to create the account. Now visit https://my-wifiexts.net/
- Complete the details as required. and click on next button. When prompted, select your country or region from the Regional Settings
menu and click the NEXT button. After doing so a pop up will open, click on wifi range extender option. After this, your extender will scans for WiFi networks in your area and displays a list. Now do the selection of the wifi network which you want to extend and after doing so, click on next button. As it is the dual-band so have the choice to extend both of the band 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks/5 GHz WiFi Networks or either of them. In case if you do not want to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the password field (Network Key) type the existing network password which you use for your router and click on the next option. Now after this, Use a WiFi network manager on the computer or WiFi device to connect to the new extended WiFi network. You need to repeat this process for all of your computer and other wifi devices which you want to connect with the extended wifi network. After finishing this, Click the CONTINUE button.
- After the successful completion of all these steps, a message will display confirming that the extender is connected to the new extended WiFi network. Click on next option. After completion of registration, click on FINISH to complete the setup. Now your extender is ready to be moved into a new location. Move it to other location with poor wifi signal but within the reach of your router. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Now, wait for few seconds till Power LED to light amber and then turn green. In case Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off. Use the Router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal. The extender connects to your existing router’s WiFi network.
Note: If you want to make changes/modify the extender settings with web browser setup guide then you need to use your browser and visit the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/ You will see a screen will open with asking to select details. Follow the onscreen instructions.
The FAQ ( Frequently asked question) for Netgear Extender WN3000RP
- Smart wizard keep asking the password
In case your smart wizard keeps asking the password also called passphrase then it is possible that you had placed the extender borderline of the router which is almost away from the existing router’s network range. For this move the Extender to a different location halfway between the device and the router. If, after you try several locations, the device cannot connect to the Extender, move the Extender closer to the device and keep checking the Link Rate LED is green. Also, check if you are using the WEP security type, then make sure you are entering the right wireless key in the correct field.
- After connecting with NETGEAR_EXT, unable to see the smart wizard
By default the computers are set to use DHCP, so check accordingly if your computer is set up to use DHCP. With this please verify if you have right IP address along with the PC to Extender status LED is green. After making sure all these settings, launch the web browser of your choice and visit the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/
- The default username and passowrd for Netgear extender
Run smart setup to change the Extender settings
- This is a great tool to connect the extender to a different router or to change the extender WiFi network name or WiFi password. you can use any wifi device such as a computer or tablet. Open the wifi network manager on wifi device. After finding, please connect to the new extender WiFi network.
- Open the web browser on wifi device and in the URL bar of the browser enter the web address: www.mywifiext.net
- After selecting the appropriate options, a login window will display, where you need to enter your email address and password and click the LOG IN button. After doing so the status screen will display.
- Now click on option smart setup. A screen will pop up. Ther you need to further click on option WIFI RANGE EXTENDER. By doing so the extender will scan for the available networks and will display the list of available networks. Now select your desired wifi network and click on Next option.
- A screen will open asking to enter the password to connect to your WiFi network and click the NEXT button. When extender will connect to the existing wifi network a confirmation message will appear on the screen. Now click on Next option.
- In this process, you will be disconnected from your wifi network when the extender is applying the done settings to the extender’s WiFi network names and WiFi passwords.
- When the process is complete, connect your WiFi devices to the extender WiFi network and click the CONTINUE button. After it, the registration screen will appear on the screen. Now complete the on-screen instructions to complete the registration and click the FINISH button to complete the setup.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting: