Netgear Ex7500 AC1900 setup
In order to do Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup, please follow below mentioned steps:
Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup for hardware
- In the first step of doing Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup, after unboxing the device, there you will find stand/ rubber feet. Now attach the stand or the rubber feet to the extender. To attach the stand please put the stand on the flat surface.
- Now keep the extender in an upright position. Please make sure that the left side of the extender must be pointing down. You can locate the left side of the extender where angle one with three rectangular openings and
the top panel of the extender and the three vertical support posts of the stand must face the same direction
- Now put the extender on the stand, you will hear the snap sound like the support posts of the stand snap into the
rectangular openings of the extender.
Attaching the rubber feet and antennas with Extender
- While doing the Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup, you have the choice to put the extender in horizental position. for this you can
- For this place the extender into an upside down position. You will see that the red panel which is at the bottom of the extender, that red panel is facing you.
- In every corner of the extender, connect the rubber foot in such a way that it covers the triangle. Also, refer the picture as attached.
- For attaching the antennas to the extender, align the antennas with the antenna ports on the extender. Ont he threaded antennas posts, connect the antennas on posts.
- Now position the antennas in such a manner to get the best wifi performance.
Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup with WPS
- In the first step of doing the Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, Place the extender in the same room as of your router. This placement of extender into the same place where the router is already placed is necessary only when we are doing the initial setup. After Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, you can place the extender in another area.
- Now moving further with doing of the Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, we will connect the extender into the power socket and connect it to the power adaptor. When you had placed the power into the extender you will see that the Power LED lights solid amber when it is powering on and then turns solid green when the extender is fully powered on and ready. If in case the extender’s power LEd does not on then press the Power button.
- press the WPS button on the extender. You will see when you are pressing the WPS button, the WPS LED light will blink. Now in the next two minutes, on your router please press the WPS button. When you will see that the WPS LED light and 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED on your Netgear extender turns light solid green, then the extender has established a connection with your already existing wifi network/router/access point.
- If in case the 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED does not light, or the LED is blinking amber, try again. If your router is 5 GHz band enabled and compatible with 5 GHz band then again press the WPS button on the extender. You will see when you are pressing the WPS button, the WPS LED light will blink. Now in the next two minutes, on your router please press the WPS button. When you will see that the WPS LED light and 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED on your Netgear extender turns light solid green, then the extender has established a connection with your already existing wifi network/router/access point.
- After this, moving further with Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, locate the new extender’s network name. You can easily find it. The new extender’s network name adjust itself with the similarity of your existing router’s network name. You can see it with _2GEXT or _5GEXT at the end of the name, depending on whether the extender is connecting to your WiFi network in 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Proceeding with Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, Now connect your wifi devices to new extender network. You can use the same password to login which you use for your router’s network. Now open the web browser and open the URL https://my-wifiexts.net/ and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup.
- In the last step of Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup, Now unplug the extender and place it to another location where network connection signals are poor/weak but must be within the range of your existing WiFi router network. connect the extender into the power socket and connect it to the power adaptor.
- When you had placed the power into the extender you will see that the Power LED lights solid amber when it is powering on and then turns solid green when the extender is fully powered on and ready. If in case the extender’s power LEd does not on then press the Power button. For choosing the location of the extender which is optimum for it, you can take help of the Link-rate LED lights
Netgear Ex7000 AC1900 setup with Web browser setup
- in the first step of doing the Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup connection, open your computer or any wifi device. Note: this will work if you are using WEP network security type. After opening the computer or wifi device find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT. Check if the connection is being established. You can verify this when the Device Link LED lights.
- In the second step of Netgear, Ex7000 Ac1900 Setup open the web browser on your device. Now enter the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/ You will see a screen will open with asking to select details. Follow the onscreen instructions. In last you will find the New Extender Setup screen displays. Click on the option NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. If it is the first time you are login into your extender then the screen will display name as the Create Account screen, asking you to enter the details to create the account. Now visit https://my-wifiexts.net/
- Complete the details as required. and click on next button. When prompted, select your country or region from the Regional Settings
menu and click the NEXT button. After doing so a pop up will open, click on wifi range extender option. After this, your extender will scans for WiFi networks in your area and displays a list. Now do the selection of the wifi network which you want to extend and after doing so, click on next button. As it is the dual-band so have the choice to extend both of the band 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks/5 GHz WiFi Networks or either of them. In case if you do not want to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the password field (Network Key) type the existing network password which you use for your router and click on the next option. Now after this, Use a WiFi network manager on the computer or WiFi device to connect to the new extended WiFi network. You need to repeat this process for all of your computer and other wifi devices which you want to connect with the extended wifi network. After finishing this, Click the CONTINUE button.
- After the successful completion of all these steps, a message will display confirming that the extender is connected to the new extended WiFi network. Click on next option. After completion of registration, click on FINISH to complete the setup. Now your extender is ready to be moved into a new location. Move it to other location with poor wifi signal but within the reach of your router. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Now, wait for few seconds till Power LED to light amber and then turn green. In case Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off. Use the Router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal. The extender connects to your existing router’s WiFi network.
NETGEAR Netgear Ex7000 Ac1900 setup as an Access point
- set the switch on the extender as an access point. Power on the extender and connect it to the power outlet. Make sure that the power outlet needs to be near to the Ethernet LAN port or a remote Ethernet jack that has access to your local area network (LAN).
- You can connect the extender to the router with the help of Ethernet LAN port or the remote Ethernet LAN jack with LAN access. You extender will connect to the LAN and will create a wifi hotspot network. Now use a computer or any mobile device to connect to the wifi network. As the extender is a dual-band like 2.4 GHz network name shown as EX7000_NETGEAR_2GEXT/ 5 GHz network. EX7000_NETGEAR_5GEXT. After joining the network the Client Link LED lights to turn green to reflect that you are connected.
- Now open the web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. After entering the required details the Netgear Genie will detect the network connection. Follow on-screen instructions to set up further.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting:
- Wifi extender setup
- Netgear Extender EX2700 setup
- Netgear Extender setup
- Support for Netgear extender
- Netgear Ex6100 setup