Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200 setup
Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200 setup using WPS
- When doing the Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200 setup, please make sure that the location that you choose must be within the range of your existing WiFi router network.
- In the first step of doing Netgear Ex7300 ac2200 setup, press the WPS power button on the extender.
- After doing so you will that the WPS LED blinks. Now move to the router and in the next two minutes press the WPS button on your router or access point.
- Now the WPS LED light on the extender will turn solid green and on your Router the Link LED light turn green, all this indicates that extender is successfully connected to your existing WiFi network.
- Check if your router is compatible with the 5 GHz band. If yes the, please repeat the step as mentioned above; (On the side of the extender 6400, you will find the WPS button. Locate this button on the side panel of the extender and Press the WPS button. After doing so you will that the WPS LED blinks. Now move to the router and in the next two minutes press the WPS button on your router or access point. Now the WPS LED light on the extender will turn solid green and on your Router the Link LED light turn green)
- Now locate the new extender network name. You will that the extender has changed its network name with your existing router name with a suffix like _2GEXT or _5GEXT. It all depends on whether extender is connecting with your WiFi network in 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Now test the extender network by connecting the devices to the new extended network. All you need to Use the same WiFi password that you use for your WiFi router. Now Open the web browser and enter the following web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/.After testing you have the choice to unplug the extender from the place and move to the next any other optimum location or an area with a poor WiFi signal.
- Now power on the extender and after a one minute Power LED lights to turn green. If the Power LED does not turn green press the Power button. To choose the optimum location for the extender you can use the Router Link LED situated on the front panel, it will let you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200 setup using Netgear Installation assistant
- Check if the Netgear extender is set to extender switch. In a computer, use a wifi network manager and if you are using the mobile then locate and connect with the 2.g GHz or 5GHz named asEX7300_NETGEAR_2GEXT or EX7300_NETGEAR_5GEXT. Now check if the client link LED light is green which indicates that the connection with the computer or mobile device is established
- Now open the web browser whatever device you are using either mobile or computer. Now enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. Now click on the 2.4 GHz WiFi network or 5 GHz WiFi network whichever your router supports, to extend and click the Continue button. here enter the login credentials of the network. here either you can select Private Network or Public Network radio button and after that hit the continue button.
Now test the extender network by connecting the devices to the new extended network. All you need to Use the same WiFi password that you use for your WiFi router. Now Open the web browser. After testing you have the choice to unplug the extender from the place and move to the next any other optimum location or an area with a poor WiFi signal. Now power on the extender and after a one minute Power LED lights to turn green. If the Power LED does not turn green press the Power button. To choose the optimum location for the extender you can use the Router Link LED situated on the front panel, it will let you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200 setup using a Web browser
- in the first step of doing the connection, open your computer or any wifi device. Note: this will work if you are using WEP network security type. After opening the computer or wifi device find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT. Check if the connection is being established. You can verify this when the Device Link LED lights.
- In the second step open the web browser on your device. Now enter the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/ You will see a screen will open with asking to select details. Follow the onscreen instructions. In last you will find the New Extender Setup screen displays. Click on the option NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. If it is the first time you are login into your extender then the screen will display name as the Create Account screen, asking you to enter the details to create the account. Now visit https://my-wifiexts.net/
- Complete the details as required. and click on next button. When prompted, select your country or region from the Regional Settings
menu and click the NEXT button. After doing so a pop up will open, click on wifi range extender option. After this, your extender will scans for WiFi networks in your area and displays a list. Now do the selection of the wifi network which you want to extend and after doing so, click on next button. As it is the dual-band so have the choice to extend both of the band 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks/5 GHz WiFi Networks or either of them. In case if you do not want to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the password field (Network Key) type the existing network password which you use for your router and click on the next option. Now after this, Use a WiFi network manager on the computer or WiFi device to connect to the new extended WiFi network. You need to repeat this process for all of your computer and other wifi devices which you want to connect with the extended wifi network. After finishing this, Click the CONTINUE button.
- After the successful completion of all these steps, a message will display confirming that the extender is connected to the new extended WiFi network. Click on next option. After completion of registration, click on FINISH to complete the setup. Now your extender is ready to be moved into a new location. Move it to other location with poor wifi signal but within the reach of your router. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Now, wait for few seconds till Power LED to light amber and then turn green. In case Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off. Use the Router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal. The extender connects to your existing router’s WiFi network.
Netgear Ex7300 setup as an access point
- set the switch on the extender as an access point. Power on the extender and connect it to the power outlet. Make sure that the power outlet needs to be near to the Ethernet LAN port or a remote Ethernet jack that has access to your local area network (LAN).
- You can connect the extender to the router with the help of Ethernet LAN port or the remote Ethernet LAN jack with LAN access. You extender will connect to the LAN and will create a wifi hotspot network.
- Now use a computer or any mobile device to connect tot he wifi network. As the extender is a dual-band like 2.4 GHz network name shown as EX7300_NETGEAR_2GEXT/ 5 GHz network. EX7300_NETGEAR_5GEXT. After joining the network the Client Link LED lights to turn green to reflect that you are connected.
- Now open the web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. After entering the required details the Netgear Genie will detect the network connection. Follow on-screen instructions to set up further.
Login to Netgear Ex7300 after installation/setup
reset Netgear Ex7300 AC2200
Please remember if you reset your Netgear Ex7300 AC2200 extender then your extender will be reset to its default factory settings. Any previously done settings will be removed and default settings will be applied. Here are the steps mentioned below to be followed to reset the Netgear Ex7300 AC2200:
- Locate the factory reset button on the Netgear Ex7300 AC2200, you can refer image above for the extender’s reset button. Now take a sharp object to hold the reset button. For this purpose, you can take any pen or paper clip to press and hold the Factory Reset button on the extender. Now press the reset button on the extender with this object almost for five seconds until the Power LED blinks amber.
- After five seconds of holding the reset button, now release the reset button. After this wait for a few seconds as the extender will start rebooting.
- Now the extender is rebooted and reset to its factory default settings. Now to setup Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200, please refer the above-mentioned setup procedure for Netgear Netgear Ex7300 Ac2200.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting: