Netgear Ex6100 setup
In this article, we will discuss how to do the Netgear Ex6100 setup along with how to do Netgear Ex6100 setup as an access point. Please refer below-mentioned details to know Netgear Ex6100 setup and Netgear Ex6100 setup as an access point.
Before you understand how to do the Netgear Ex6100 setup, we need to have the brief glimpse upon the Netgear Ex6100LEDs, buttons, and ports:
The green router link LED indicator function: The green router link LED indicator function as an indicator as if the connection n between the extender and the router or access point is in fine condition or poor. Likewise, it is solid green which denotes that it is the best connection, But if it is solid ember then it is a good connection and also if it is solid red which means the connection is in poor condition likewise off light indicates no connection.
The Client link LED indicator function: The green Client link LED indicator function as an indicator as if the connection between the extender and a computer or mobile device is in fine condition or poor. Likewise, it is solid green which denotes that it is the best connection, But if it is solid ember then it is a good connection and also if it is solid red which means the connection is in poor condition likewise off light indicates no connection.
The Power LED indicator function: The Power LED indicator function as an indicator as if the Extender is boosting, power off or connecting. Likewise, if it is solid amber which denotes that the extender is booting, But if it is solid green then it means that the extender is powered on and also if it is off light indicates Extender is powered off.
The WPS LED indicator function: The WPS LED indicator function as an indicator as if the Extender’s WPS security is enabled, is in progress or WPS security is disabled. likewise, if it is solid green which denotes that the Extender’s WPS security is enabled, But if it is blinking green then it means that the A WPS connection is in progress. and also if it is off light indicates Extender’s WPS security is not enabled.
After understanding the Netgear Ex6100 LED lights indicators lets to move forward tot he Netgear EX6100 setup guide:
- In the very first step please keep note that the Extender 6100 must be placed n the same room where your WiFi router is already present. This only require at the point of Extender 6100 installation time, later you can move your extender to another optimum location.
- In the second step of doing Netgear Ex6100 setup, power on the Extender 6100. To do so please Plug the extender into an electrical outlet. If the Power LED lights turn green, it means extender is powered on. If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button. Along with this please check if the switch on the extender is set to Extender. YTou can locate this option on the right side of the Extender.
In the third step of doing Netgear Ex6100 setup, you need to connect the range extender to your existing wifi network. You can do this either connecting with WPS connection or with smart genie setup. Both of them are explained hereunder:
Connect with WPS connection
WPS also called Wi-Fi Protected Setup, will allow you to connect the extender without entering the wifi network login credentials which means you join a secure WiFi network without typing the network name and password. You will see that the WPS button is a physical button on your router or on the access point. As WPS does not work with WEP security and if you want to connect with WEP then try using Netgear genie smart setup. Please note when you have connected the device with network and testing the network then open the browser and enter the following web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/.In order to connect with WPS please follow instructions as mentioned below:
On the side of the extender 6100, you will find the WPS button. Locate this button on the side panel of the extender and Press the WPS button. After doing so you will that the WPS LED blinks. Now move to the router and in the next two minutes press the WPS button on your router or access point. Now the WPS LED light on the extender will turn solid green and on your Router the Link LED light turn green, all this indicates that extender is successfully connected to your existing WiFi network.
Netgear Genie smart setup
- Check if the Netgear extender is set to extender switch. In a computer, use a wifi network manager and if you are using the mobile then locate and connect with the 2.g GHz or 5GHz named asEX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT or EX6100_NETGEAR_5GEXT. Now check if the client link LED light is green which indicates that the connection with the computer or mobile device is established
- Now open the web browser whatever device you are using either mobile or computer. Now enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. Now click on the 2.4 GHz WiFi network or 5 GHz WiFi network whichever your router supports, to extend and click the Continue button. here enter the login credentials of the network. here either you can select Private Network or Public Network radio button and after that hit the continue button.
Now test the extender network by connecting the devices to the new extended network. All you need to Use the same WiFi password that you use for your WiFi router. Now Open the web browser. After testing you have the choice to unplug the extender from the place and move to the next any other optimum location or an area with a poor WiFi signal. Now power on the extender and after a one minute Power LED lights to turn green. If the Power LED does not turn green press the Power button. To choose the optimum location for the extender you can use the Router Link LED situated on the front panel, it will let you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
Netgear Ex6100 setup as an access point
- set the switch on the extender as an access point. Power on the extender and connect it to the power outlet. Make sure that the power outlet needs to be near to the Ethernet LAN port or a remote Ethernet jack that has access to your local area network (LAN).
- You can connect the extender to the router with the help of Ethernet LAN port or the remote Ethernet LAN jack with LAN access. You extender will connect to the LAN and will create a wifi hotspot network. Now use a computer or any mobile device to connect tot he wifi network. As the extender is a dual-band like 2.4 GHz network name shown as EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT/ 5 GHz network. EX6100_NETGEAR_5GEXT. After joining the network the Client Link LED lights to turn green to reflect that you are connected.
- Now open the web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. After entering the required details the Netgear Genie will detect the network connection. Follow on-screen instructions to set up further.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting: