Netgear EX6100 Review
In this, we will do Netgear EX6100 review with the help of good points and cons with technical features. Netgear EX6100 review is classified on the basis of technical performance and features with its usability. Let have a look on Netgear EX6100 review as mentioned below:
Pros under Netgear EX6100 review
- Netgear EX6100 works on the latest 11AC technology and has the support for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz clients simultaneously; WHich works as a bridge also as a dual-band access point.
- Netgear Ex6100 has the LED arrows in which LED arrows to tell you where to position the booster for the best range.
- Another positive point for Netgear Ex6100 is that it does have a good level of wifi range extension up to 100 feet in testing. Easy setup. Very useful LEDs for optimizing and troubleshooting
- Installation for Netgear EX6100 is pretty easy as firstly you need to connect a laptop or other device to the EX-6100 via Wi-Fi, open your browser and run the setup wizard. The EX-6100 scans the airwaves for wireless networks, and you select the one you want to extend.
Cons under Netgear EX6100 review
- While testing Netgear 6100 we found that it is slow, as we had Slow browsing at 100 feet from the testing router which was only one Gigabit Ethernet port.
- There is latency in signal strength because the range on the 5GHz band is short, it increases the latency for connected clients, and its Wi-Fi speeds are slow. After some time of usage, It runs hot also found it bulky.
- Netgear EX6100 has no USB support and only one Ethernet port.
A detailed Netgear Ex6100 review
Netgear Ex6100 is very effective at evenly distributing the signal throughout the place. If your router is lacking for 802.11ac, then this Ex6100 works as a booster and upgrade your router as it supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi devices. It works on latest 11ax technology thus good as an average booster to speed up your internet. With having the compact design it will rightly fit into your power socket without any external help on extra plug or cord.
As previously mentioned under pros for Netgear Ex6100, this Extender is easy to install and easy to use. As you need to connect a laptop or other device to the EX-6100 via Wi-Fi, open your browser and run the setup wizard. The EX-6100 scans the airwaves for wireless networks, and you select the one you want to extend. Good for those users who use a lot of bandwidth with their many devices, with this extender the dual-band technology will let you split the bandwidth and run signals on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands simultaneously.
LED arrow works well, will let you easily access the location that was to install the extender as the LED arrows in which LED arrows to tell you where to position the booster for the best range. The LED lights will automatically turn red if signal strength and distance for the router is not optimum thus saving your time by avoiding the trial and error process of going too far or not far enough. The LED light will let you know your signal strength and make it easy to know where to place the device for optimal Wi-Fi coverage.
IT has one ethernet port which works as a connector which lets you connect wired devices to your Wi-Fi network. Netgear EX6100 works on dual Wi-Fi modes, one is extender mode to boost the existing Wi-Fi, and other is access point mode to create Wi-Fi access for 11ac devices, which in return upgrading a router that does not have 11ac technology.
Netgear Ex6100 works on the dual-band which let you have the access the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz Wi-Fi bands to avoid latency and bandwidth congestion. When you are having so many devices at home to connected tot he networks in that condition having different options for directing bandwidth traffic could become more important, so here dual-band technology becomes handy which let you run off either band alone or both at the same time. The dual bandwidth capabilities combine for speeds of up to 750 Mbps, which means that lag time and glitches will fade away.
ANyone who is having limited space, this extenders compact design will be useful as this Netgear Ex6100 has a compact size and discreet, strategic placement capabilities. Talking about its outer design it has two external antennas are almost as the size of the device itself. Where antennas main work is to increase its speed and Wi-Fi coverage. Because f its compact design the booster fits compactly onto your power outlet, taking up a little more space than the average night light.
Installation for this extender is pretty easy and with the help of LED lights which let you access the optimal position of this extender; need not to mention there is a free app for Android devices lets you test and confirm that your Wi-Fi network is performing at top capacity in its current location or it will let you know if it could get better performance somewhere else.
Netgear Ex6200 comes with a one-year warranty and over a phone customer support comes with 90 days. You will get a live chat option, which is available round the clock, but when we clicked on it, we weren’t able to connect. Help is also available via email, but you may have to wait for a couple days to get a response to your questions if you go that route.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting: