Netgear AC750 Setup
In this article, we will cover about how to do the Netgear AC750 setup. With this other helpful information regarding following points has been discussed:
- Netgear AC750 setup/installation
- Using Netgear A750 as an access point
- how to do the Netgear AC750 connection with the existing network using WPS or with web browser setup/WEP
- How to find the best optimum location with Netgear AC750
- Login to Netgear AC750 after installation/setup
Steps to follow to do Netgear AC750 setup/installation
- In the first step of doing Netgear AC750 setup, first, place the extender in the same room where you had already placed your router. It is not always required that you place your extender near to router as this is only required at the time of initial extender installation time only.
- Now in the second step of doing Netgear AC750 setup, power on the extender and connect it to the power socket. Initially, the power LED of extender will light on amber and then will turn green which indicates that the extender is fully powered on.
Note: If the Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
- Now as we want to extend the range of the existing wifi network, so we are going to connect the extender with existing wifi network. This is possible in two ways:
- Connecting the extender with WPS
- Connecting the extender with web browser setup
Both of these explained as hereunder:
1.Connecting the extender with WPS
When we are connecting the extender using WPS( Wi-Fi Protected Setup) which works for you when you are not using WEP security type and lets you join a secure WiFi network without typing the network name and password. In case you are using the WEP network security then please follow the instructions of Connecting the extender with web browser setup
- Locate the WPS button situated on the side of the extender. After doing so you will see that the WPS LED lights start blinking. Now after a couple of minutes press the WPS button of your wifi router. When the WPS LED lights on your extender along with your router turns solid green indicates that the extender connects to your existing WiFi network.
Note: If the Router Link LED does not light, try again. If it still does not light, try Connecting with Web Browser Setup
- Now in case if your router is compatible with 5 GHz band, please repeat the above step to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band.
- As the extender is connected existing wifi network, hence it has created extended WiFi networks. The extender’s new WiFi network names are based on your existing WiFi network name, with _EXT at the end of the name. Test the network with other wifi devices or computer. you need to use the same wifi password which you use for your router to connect the device with the extended network.
- Now power off the extender and the extender is ready to be placed on a new location. Please make sure that the location you choose for your extender need to be within the range of your existing WiFi router network.
- After choosing the location plug the extender into the power socket to powered on, the power LED of extender will light on amber and then will turn green which indicates that the extender is fully powered on. Note: If the Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
2. Connecting the extender with Web browser setup
- in the first step of doing the connection, open your computer or any wifi device. Note: this will work if you are using WEP network security type. After opening the computer or wifi device find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT. Check if the connection is being established. You can verify this when the Device Link LED lights.
- In the second step open the web browser on your device. Now enter the web address: https://my-wifiexts.net/ You will see a screen will open with asking to select details. Follow the onscreen instructions. In last you will find the New Extender Setup screen displays. Click on the option NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. If it is the first time you are login into your extender then the screen will display name as the Create Account screen, asking you to enter the details to create the account. Now visit https://my-wifiexts.net/
- Complete the details as required. and click on next button. When prompted, select your country or region from the Regional Settings
menu and click the NEXT button. After doing so a pop up will open, click on wifi range extender option. After this, your extender will scans for WiFi networks in your area and displays a list. Now do the selection of the wifi network which you want to extend and after doing so, click on next button. As it is the dual-band so have the choice to extend both of the band 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks/5 GHz WiFi Networks or either of them. In case if you do not want to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the password field (Network Key) type the existing network password which you use for your router and click on the next option. Now after this, Use a WiFi network manager on the computer or WiFi device to connect to the new extended WiFi network. You need to repeat this process for all of your computer and other wifi devices which you want to connect with the extended wifi network. After finishing this, Click the CONTINUE button.
- After the successful completion of all these steps, a message will display confirming that the extender is connected to the new extended WiFi network. Click on next option. After completion of registration, click on FINISH to complete the setup. Now your extender is ready to be moved into a new location. Move it to other location with poor wifi signal but within the reach of your router. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Now, wait for few seconds till Power LED to light amber and then turn green. In case Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off. Use the Router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal. The extender connects to your existing router’s WiFi network.
How to find the best optimum location with Netgear AC750
In the image above, we have specified the extender’s various points, please have a closer look to understand them fully. Here are the few key points to understand the optimum location for extender:
- Check if the Router Link LED is amber or red, move the extender closer to the router.
- Check If the Device Link LED is amber or red, move the computer or WiFi device closer to the extender
Netgear Ac750 setup as an access point
- set the switch on the extender as an access point. Power on the extender and connect it to the power outlet. Make sure that the power outlet needs to be near to the Ethernet LAN port or a remote Ethernet jack that has access to your local area network (LAN).
- You can connect the extender to the router with the help of Ethernet LAN port or the remote Ethernet LAN jack with LAN access. You extender will connect to the LAN and will create a wifi hotspot network.
- Now use a computer or any mobile device to connect tot he wifi network. As the extender is a dual-band like 2.4 GHz network name shown as Ac750_NETGEAR_2GEXT/ 5 GHz network. Ac750_NETGEAR_5GEXT. After joining the network the Client Link LED lights to turn green to reflect that you are connected.
- Now open the web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field. After entering the required details the Netgear Genie will detect the network connection. Follow on-screen instructions to set up further.